What are Website Builders? How to Choose Builder in 2021
A Website Builders are tools that allows users to build their website without code. Website Builders are one of the best choice for those who don’t know how to code but would like to get their website online quickly. However, finding a good website builder is quite tricky for the beginners. So we have compiled some common tool to go over. There are lot of website builders out there and due to time constrain we are just picking 5 for now.
In this article we will go over few website builders, and hope you will be able to find one that fits your need.
- GoDaddy Website Builder
WordPress.org is a self-hosted WordPress. It is one of the most popular website building platforms out there. Around 40% of website are being hosted in WordPress.org. Since this is self-hosted platform, you will be needing hosting environment, website security SSL, backup for your website. Don’t worry setting up WordPress is not too complicated you can go over following blog to see how easy to setup WordPress in your own hosting environment.
- WordPress comes with many themes that will allow you to get your website up and running in on time.
- Much easier to customize your website.
- Access to more than 50,000 free WordPress plugins, that will help build website you want.
- Easily create multilingual websites.
- Easily integration of SEO (Search Engine Optimization) tools that helps get you in google search page.
- With in WordPress itself you could download another Website builder such as Elementor, Beaver Builder, Oxygen and so on which will help build your website lot easier and lot more professional looking.
- Most obvious cons for WordPress.org is you should know where you are going to host your site. For this you need to find a good hosting service, buy SSL, backups.
- You need to make sure your site gets regularly updated. You could auto update but there is a risk where sometime with new update your website might not work as intended.
WordPress.com is also powered by WordPress.org but it comes with the hosting service by Automattic company who happened to be same founder who developed WordPress.org.
There are basically have 5 different plans starting from free to $59/month (annual subscription).
- You don’t have to worry about where to host your blog or website, since it is already been taken care.
- Since you can get it for free you could easily start creating a blogs and website.
- No need to worry about the updates and backups since these are automatically been taken care.
- If you want to use full feature of WordPress you need to upgrade to their higher plan.
WordPress.org and WordPress.com often mistaken as same but they are different. You can check our other blog here so I will not be going into detail on difference between WordPress.com and WordPress.org.
When you say GoDaddy you think a domain service and webhosting service. But they also offer simple website builder which does not need lot of customizations.
- It is simple to use that will help to create professional looking website.
- Moving section of website with easy drag and click.
- Automatic Backups.
- In build Calls to Actions.
- 20+ customizable themes, where you can easily change your layouts, fonts and colors.
- Not flexible as other platforms. Limited themes and features.
Shopify is one of the most popular eCommerce website builders specific to the online stores. With Shopify you don’t have to worry about any technical aspect of running a website you can just focus on your business model and marketing or your site.
- It is a single solution for your e-commerce site.
- Easy to create your website with drag and drop interface.
- Integrated payment solution with Shopify payments, as well as ability to integrated third party payment system.
- Ability to accept in person payment at pop-us, markets, fairs and more.
- You can start selling your products globally with 133 currencies.
- For started it might be bit pricy since its starting plan cost you 29/m for basic. If you want some reports and more features then the prices go up to 299/m.
SquareSpace is all in one content management system or CMS. It has easy to use designer where you can start building your website easily.
- It offers verity of themes that be easily optimized according to your need.
- It has really great support with live chat, where you can get your answer almost instantly.
- No need to worry about the hosting service, since it comes with a hosting service for your website.
- You can also start building e-commerce site with their Commerce plan.
- It is not ideal for very large websites with hierarchy navigation.
- Limited integration with third-party services.
These are not the only website builder out there; we were just not able to cover all of the website builder in one single blog. They all are good in their own way with their fair share of limitation. If you are just starting and don’t want to spend lot of money then starting with WordPress is a good option. Also, there will be always learning curve in any platform you will chose.